Automatic connection to previous ftp sites

How can I stop SmartFTP from automatically connecting to FTP sites when I start SmartFTP?
I've looked through the SmartFTP settings and have found nothing.

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

CPU Speed : 1996 MHz
Total Memory : 1048048 KB
Free Memory : 583304 KB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 1.5.991.22
Time Stamp : 2005-12-06 23:10:12

+- Application DLL --------------------
Controls.dll : 1.6.991.22
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.7.4
SmartHook.dll : 1.0.2.1

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 1.5.991.22

+- System DLL -------------------------
unicows.dll : 1.0.4018.0
shell32.dll : 6.00.2900.2763 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050922-1642)
shlwapi.dll : 6.00.2900.2781 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.051020-1730)
comctl32.dll : 6.0 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
riched20.dll : 5.30.23.1221
schannel.dll : 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 6.0.2900.2180

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

Hi, go to Tools->Settings->Interface->Restore Workspace on Start.

Thanks. I've downloaded the latest version of SmartFTP and I'm glad to find that that option is pre-checked by default. Once again, thank you for your assistance.

Hi, go to Tools->Settings->Interface->Restore Workspace on Start.

Hi, for me this is not an option, the more so since this was not necessary some versions ago. I find it as annoying to open the program with an empty workspace as having SmartFTP connect to the last visited site on start-up.

For those who like it, this feature might be okay, but for those who'd rather connect to an FTP site of their choice when they want it there ought ot be an option to open the last workspace and *not* connect to any FTP site. (As was the case until a few versions ago.)

Kind regards,
Rainer

nixs: A workaround is to enable the cache. If the sites are stored in the cache the application doesn't connect to the them. To change the cache settings go to the Settings->Connection->Cache. Change the "Cache Expiration" from "Everytime SmartFTP is closed" to "Expire after x days".

Regards,
-Mat

nixs: A workaround is to enable the cache. If the sites are stored in the cache the application doesn't connect to the them. To change the cache settings go to the Settings->Connection->Cache. Change the "Cache Expiration" from "Everytime SmartFTP is closed" to "Expire after x days".

Regards,
-Mat

Hi Mat,

This works, but as you said it is a workaround. Wouldn't it be better to have an option to connect at start-up if you want to and not connect if you don't? Maybe in Connection settings?

Regards,
Rainer

I love Smart FTP, but this little auto-connect feature was so annoying that I almost starting looking around for its replacement. Fortunately, you guys were here to save the day. Well, I haven't actually unchecked the "save workspace" box yet, but I trust you.

J.