99% uploaded - transfer fails

Hi,

on larger files, I constantly get an error messafe "transfer failed" after 99% is shown in the status bar. After the failure, the file can be found where it was supposed to go, and appears to be intact. I have increased the timeout setting to 100s (I only found one time out setting to adjust though)? Smaller files go through with no error message.

I am using 2.0.993 for XP64.

thanks!

It's a normal behavior when a NAT router is part of your network. The NAT router kills the control connection after some time (timeout) of inactivity and therefore when the transfer completes the "Transfer successful" message from the server cannot be sent back to the client. The file is usually transferred successfully.

My suggestion is to use the Global Queue for all your transfers. It will make sure the file is always complete.

Regards,
-Mat

It's a normal behavior when a NAT router is part of your network. The NAT router kills the control connection after some time (timeout) of inactivity and therefore when the transfer completes the "Transfer successful" message from the server cannot be sent back to the client. The file is usually transferred successfully.

My suggestion is to use the Global Queue for all your transfers. It will make sure the file is always complete.

Regards,
-Mat

Thanks Mat. Sorry stupid question but will the global queue (actually "transfer queue" now isn't it?) attempt to get the transfer complete message from the server, by going back to get it several times? INthat case I might actually get a faster status complete by reducing the timeout limit?

I just tried this, and I could see it stopping at 99% as previously, however once it cane back to the job after the timeout period, the job disappeared. Does this mean it got the "Transfer complete" message back from the server? in other words, as long as I use the Transfer Queue, I don't have to worry about any jobs as long as they disappear from the queue?

thanks

Your assumptions are all correct. If the item disappears from the Transfer Queue it's "guaranteed" that the transfer was successful. The Transfer Queue also does some integrity checks (XCRC, XSHA, ...) if the server supports these features. Otherwise it compares the size of the remote and the local file after it received the "transfer successful" message from the server.

Your assumptions are all correct. If the item disappears from the Transfer Queue it's "guaranteed" that the transfer was successful. The Transfer Queue also does some integrity checks (XCRC, XSHA, ...) if the server supports these features. Otherwise it compares the size of the remote and the local file after it received the "transfer successful" message from the server.

Thanks again Mat.
One more if I may: why is it that the Log window keeps showing NOOP commands (and eventually times out) even though the queue is working? Would n't it be nice to show the queue status in the log window as well? It is almost like its 2 clients working when you use the transfer Queue?

thanks for your help!