An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

hi all,
is this a problem on my connection or is it the program, because it was working before and now its not. any suggestions?

Please help. I have been using this program to upload to my website with continued success. Now the computer is giving me an error message: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. I have researched the error message and tried the suggestions, but to no avail. I am not computer savvy, so I need an understandable explanation to a neophyte.

hi all,
is this a problem on my connection or is it the program, because it was working before and now its not. any suggestions?
I am sorry that no one has responded to you. This happened to me and I posted 12/28/05 asking for help.

I called tech support of my website host. The reason that I could not connect with my website is that I used to have just the website as my user name (i.e. the user name was "website.com"). It is now required that you add "ftp." before the name (i.e. "ftp.website.com). All works well once again.

Thank you so much for posting this! I was having the same problem, going crazy trying to figure out if it was my firewall, my router, blah, blah, blah... even tried another software and got the same kind of error! Adding the "ftp" made it work perfectly!

Yay!

Thank you so much for posting this! I was having the same problem, going crazy trying to figure out if it was my firewall, my router, blah, blah, blah... even tried another software and got the same kind of error! Adding the "ftp" made it work perfectly!

Yay!

Mine says ftp.site.com already and I just started getting this error but only on some ftp sites. Many of the presets work fine. before no problem.

xp2, norton antivirus, but not norton firewall. smartftp is noted as being allowe din windws firewall.

Any idea why???