Connection Attempt Failed

Hi, [[[TRYPASVPORT][/TRYPASVPORT]][/[TRYPASVPORT][/TRYPASVPORT]]][/[[TRYPASVPORT][/TRYPASVPORT]][/[TRYPASVPORT][/TRYPASVPORT]]]

Hi, [[[[TRYPASVPORT][/TRYPASVPORT]][/[TRYPASVPORT][/TRYPASVPORT]]][/[[TRYPASVPORT][/TRYPASVPORT]][/[TRYPASVPORT][/TRYPASVPORT]]]][/[[[TRYPASVPORT][/TRYPASVPORT]][/[TRYPASVPORT][/TRYPASVPORT]]][/[[TRYPASVPORT][/TRYPASVPORT]][/[TRYPASVPORT][/TRYPASVPORT]]]]

Aokromes

Thanks for this guidance. Am on a starship to betelguese for the next feeeeeeeeeew (wow feel the red shift) days, but I will read up on this area. Thanks again

Nossum

Aokromes

Thanks for this guidance. Am on a starship to betelguese for the next feeeeeeeeeew (wow feel the red shift) days, but I will read up on this area. Thanks again

Nossum

Hi Nossum

Just wonderinf how you got on with this problem?

Am experiencing this same, with what sounds like a very similar setup. Any suggestions??

Thanks heaps
Darren

Hi Nossum

Just wonderinf how you got on with this problem?

Am experiencing this same, with what sounds like a very similar setup. Any suggestions??

Thanks heaps
Darren

Hi Darren

Being honest I cant say I narrowed it down to a specific problem

Per Aokromes advice I read up further and came to the conclusion I was doing anything wrong

I eventually reinstalled after cleaning up my hard drive and the problem "went away"

I was testing various packages and I thought SmartFTP was very good. I didnt have technical problems with the others so couldnt say how the response compared

Sorry I cant be more specific

Regards

Nossum

Hi Darren

Being honest I cant say I narrowed it down to a specific problem

Per Aokromes advice I read up further and came to the conclusion I was doing anything wrong

I eventually reinstalled after cleaning up my hard drive and the problem "went away"

I was testing various packages and I thought SmartFTP was very good. I didnt have technical problems with the others so couldnt say how the response compared

Sorry I cant be more specific

Regards

Nossum

Thanks for taking the time to reply Nossum.

I seem to have overcome the problem by change the default behaviour for drag-n-drop operations to use the queue, as directed by another forum post, and this seems to have got around the problem.

I am actually not sure the problem has been fixed, by due to the transfers now being queued with auto retry, i think it gets around the problem.

Anyway, i am successfully transfering again so i'm happy.

Thanks again.

Thanks for taking the time to reply Nossum.

I seem to have overcome the problem by change the default behaviour for drag-n-drop operations to use the queue, as directed by another forum post, and this seems to have got around the problem.

I am actually not sure the problem has been fixed, by due to the transfers now being queued with auto retry, i think it gets around the problem.

Anyway, i am successfully transfering again so i'm happy.

Thanks again.

I cannot find this option in the program.

Any help?

I am having the connection attempt failed problem.

Thanks
Dave

Never mind I found it under settings/actions.

Let's see if that worked.

thanks
dave

Hi, I am having a problem connecting also. But because I am not very computer smart I don't understand the posts enough to fix the problem. Could someone explain it in english? I am so frustrated not being able to connect. I followed the tutorials and that has not helped. Here is my error message (I think it is the same as you others have experienced).

Thanks you so much for all your help,

Susan

[15:00:33] Connecting to xxxxxxx Port: 21
[15:00:33] Connected to ftp.site name.com.
[15:00:33] 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [TLS] ----------
[15:00:33] 220-You are user number 1 of 50 allowed.
[15:00:33] 220-Local time is now 15:00. Server port: 21.
[15:00:33] 220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
[15:00:33] 220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
[15:00:33] USER XXXXXX
[15:00:33] 331 XXXXX OK. Password required
[15:00:33] PASS (hidden)
[15:00:37] 530 Authentication failed, sorry
[15:00:37] Active Help: https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/51
[15:00:37] Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...

(Takling about making queued transfers the default Drag & Drop operation)

I cannot find this option in the program.

From the main menu: Tools -> Settings, General -> Navigation, "Default Drag & Drop Operation" = "Queue".