uploading for dummies

I am brand new (thus the name) and need help uploading a video file from my computer's hard drive to my website's server. How can I upload if there is no "server" to connect to? If the file I want to upload is on the very same computer that is simultaneously running smartFTP for me?

I know, I know, you're saying "what a retard", but I'm sure there's things I know lots about that you don't so have a heart.

Thanks

I am brand new (thus the name) and need help uploading a video file from my computer's hard drive to my website's server. How can I upload if there is no "server" to connect to? If the file I want to upload is on the very same computer that is simultaneously running smartFTP for me?

I know, I know, you're saying "what a retard", but I'm sure there's things I know lots about that you don't so have a heart.

Thanks

First you have to input your servers FTP data into the SmartFTP connection bar. That can be gotten from the Server host. Probably in their online control panel or you can call their support.