Folder & File Browser..

Got'cha,

would.. or is it possible to enable a complete file browser in one window area?
Semilar to a real tree view that relfect folders and files in one untiled window.

For example: Work on folder system like:
:\\RestrictedArea\Clients\QMania\4th Arena\Source\Main\Bind\Menu\Classes\menumain\multiplayer\reload\...
I become crazy moving the Folder Browser windows arround. Guys thats not professional.

regards
Scott

Hi, you have a full file browser using Control+L.

Why don't you just resize the treeview on the left in the local browser to zero width and only use the right file view? You can navigate to the parent directoy by pressing backspace.

There are no plans to implement this. Mapping a hierarchical view (tree) to a linear view (list) is very uncommon.

Why?.. your suggestions is a pedantically workarround and not a solution.
Maybe you should watch your wording a little bit ... anyways, why is it "pedantic"? It offers all the features you want. Just because resizing the treeview to a narrow column does not look nice, or what?

... Just because resizing the treeview to a narrow column does not look nice, or what? ...

I am talking from efficient working, not from nice looking features. I do not want to change between mouse and keyboard while selecting the parent directory. And I dont want to navigate through the comple file list with arrow keys and backspace key and change to the mouse to drag and drop files into the FTP area.

Anyway.. You didnt plan to implement a feature that you already done in the FTP browser window. So the discussion ends here.

Thanks for your support and best for the future.
S. Carmack

I am talking from efficient working, not from nice looking features. I do not want to change between mouse and keyboard while selecting the parent directory.
So you're talking about efficient working, and want to work solely with the mouse? You're right, discussion should end here ...