Should reget IP address after transmission failure

The IP address might change, for example if the DSL connection has been disconnected and automatically reconnected. SmartFTP does not seem to catch that case, instead after such a reconnect (and IP change) all connections fail (depending on the connection type, of course - in this case, PORT mode). SmartFTP should reget the IP address (UPNP or however) on subsequent retries.

Tested with 1.5.990.20. Just installed the beta build, I will report back tomorrow how that goes.

Hmm ..

SmartFTP gets the local IP address for every data connection. We also catch the UPnP events in case the WLAN IP address changes. I don't know what we could do different to make it work better. But if you can send logs with a short description what you think is wrong, it may help to understand the problem better.
Thank you.
-Mat

ok this still happens with the latest dev build. i enabled logging now so i will have the logs available tomorrow.

Hi, can you try updating the firmware of your router to see if it fixes your trouble?

Hi, can you try updating the firmware of your router to see if it fixes your trouble?

No, it is already up-to-date. It's an AVM FritzBox 7050 btw.
And since SmartFTP should already catch that behaviour, this thread would of course belong into public support