Listing Options problem

Hi,

I am trying to use SmartFTP to connect to an embedded FTP server and there seems to be a problem with the parameters passed by the LIST command. Basically the server does not understand "-aL" as a passed parameter. I've tried to switch these parameters off by deselecting the switches at <CommandsConnectionList OptionsShow Hidden Files [-a]> and <CommandsConnectionList OptionsResolve Links [-L]> but these items do not seem to be disableable for some reason ? At least when I deselect them and then look at the menu again they are immediatelt re-selected.

Version of SmartFTP is 1.5.990

Many thanks,

Mike

Hi, if you have that site at favorites, disable the -aL there.

Hi, if you have that site at favorites, disable the -aL there.

Can you tell me how to do this ? I have added my server to the Favourites list but when I come to set the properties AFAICS there is nothing relating to the LIST parameters ? I tried to set them again via the Commands menu but it still doesn't work.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi, look at edit favorites, desired favorite, transfer.

Hi, look at edit favorites, desired favorite, transfer.

Hi,

Thanks for that I don't know how I missed it.

I now have the listing info returned in the FTP message but the listing is not displayed in the list window in SmartFTP.
I took a look at the log file but it does not show any error just the following lines :

[20051122 10:57:17] LIST
[20051122 10:57:17] 150 opening data connection
[20051122 10:57:17] 876 bytes transferred. (57.0 KB/s) (15 ms)
[20051122 10:57:17] 226 transfer complete.

The listing format given out by the server is basically /bin/ls format but with some of the fields modified for our purposes. If it is not too much trouble I'd be grateful if you would take a look at the following line format and tell me what you think is wrong about it.

<-rw-rw-rw- CSUM:1215 customer Flash 12221 Aug 26 2002 Flash : fpga_pr0.exe>

There are no <> in the line and the break after "Flash : " is an artifact of this forum webpage.

Thanks,

Mike

Hello Mike ..

Can you post the complete log of your FTP session? This will help to identify the OS running on the server and the FTP server software.

If possible please send the raw directory listing to sales attt smartftp.com

Thank you for your time.
Regards,
-Mat

Hello Mike ..

Can you post the complete log of your FTP session? This will help to identify the OS running on the server and the FTP server software.

If possible please send the raw directory listing to sales attt smartftp.com

Thank you for your time.
Regards,
-Mat

OK, I've done that.

Cheers,

Mike