Unable to update

My installation-related problem seems like something *I* must have done wrong, but I just allowed the auto-install to do its thing.

Then when then installation closed, I still get Version 1.0 with the message that "This version has not been updated for 92 days" etc.

So I moved everything from the Smart FTP Client (new) folder into the old "Smart FTP" folder -- still get version 1.0 opening (and version 1.0 doesn't work all of the sudden now.)

Then I moved it all back, tried uninstalling -- did what it said above to fix the uninstall issue -- RE-downloaded, although there really was no reason for that.

Basically, no matter WHAT I do, I continue to get one of the first versions of Smart FTP ever instead of any of the upgrades. I was hoping not to have to completely uninstall the other because this upgrade said it would save my settings and I do work for other people, meaning I'm in a lot of servers and have a lot of passwords automatically stored.

But now the original version won't work and the only evidence of Version 1.5 Build 990 is that the files are installed in my program files -- (now moved back directly into their own file under the original Smart FTP files)

In other words -- it didn't update.

What am I doing wrong?

PS -- OS = XP w/ Svc Pack 2 -- Firewall open for Smart FTP, but that's not really important right now.

Thanks -- L

Hello ..

Download the version from:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

and install it. It should fix all the troubles you are having.

Regards,
-Mat