Development Status: Final
Final Code ETA: Feb 1, 2003
- Fixed a serious crash caused by the "Global Queue".
- Fixed a Favorites password import bug with FlashFXP.
- Fixed a retry problem when the server is closed or offline .
- Updated the registration data section with "Numbers of Users".
- Fixed some minor Queue issues.
- Fixed a "Copy Url" to Queue pasting problem.
- Fixed a crash for the Global Queue, when a file is 0 Byte in size.
- Added folder link support for the Local Browser.
- Fixed the "Local Browser" UNC folder link problem.
- Fixed some problems with VMS, which was no longer functioning.
- Fixed a IBM iSeries AS/400 server problem.
- Added detection for Titan FTP Server.
- Pasting to the Queue handles URL's better now.
- Fixed a small RAS crash bug for Windows 98.
- Fixed a mis-spelled word in the SSL settings dialog.
- Fixed potential dead lock in Queue while reading the directory contents.
- Fixed a Alpha/VMS problem.
- Command Line was broken for Win98.
- Fixed a dead lock on save problem.
- Fixed a "French" character directory listing problem.
- Added a number of days used feature, in the Help -> About dialog.
- Added a visually rich "Statistics" feature.
- Cleaned up some existing code.
- Incremented version number to "1.0.972.0" dev.
- Fixed some minor issues with the "Statistics" feature. Such as the "Line Speed".
- Added three new options to the "Statistics" window. (Always on Top, Show Caption, Show Full Size).
- Added a "Statistics" "Toolbar" button, also a shortcut key of "Ctrl+P".
- Fixed a problem with the "Statistics" window. Where "Transfers" would display negative numbers for download.
- Added a new icon for the "Statistics" option, under the toolbars menu.
- Added a "Close" option, for the "Statistics" window.
- Fixed a problem with the"Statistics" window. Where "Transfers" would display negative numbers for upload.
- Fixed a problem with"Resizing & Positioning" would not save, when the "Show Full Size" option was enabled, for the "Statistics".
- Fixed a problem with the "Always on Top" feature, for the "Statistics" window. It would not save it's state, when disabled.
- The Queue list sorting, has just been re-written.
- Added a "Transparency" option for the "Statistics".
- Fixed a "Global Queue" upload problem, when the "Split Folder Contents to Seperate Items" was disabled, files would be transferred in reverse.
- Fixed a thread problem with FXP and the "Global Queue".
- Fixed a SSL problem with "Titan / Visnetic FTP Server", where the SSL icon on the status bar would not display.
- Fixed a minor issue with the "Statistics" feature.
- Fixed a "MSI" shortcut problem, which occured on the "Local Browser" & "Local Folder Bar".
- Did some very minor cosmetic changes.
- Fixed a "Local Browser" to remote window, "Drag & Drop" Queue problem.
- Fixed a "Local Port Range" exception, when the range was already in use.
- Fixed a problem, where the "Ignore Empty Folders" option, if disabled for a remote FXP transfer, would still be treated as being enabled.
- Added a "Force Server IP for PASV Mode" feature. Which is useful for servers with NAT / Non-Routable IP addresses.
- Added a "Port IP Mode" feature. There are three options to choose from. (Default, Manual, Auto).
|- Default: Uses machine IP
|- Manual: Uses IP specified
|- Auto: Gets external / WAN IP from http://repeater.smartftp.com;.
NOTE: Auto doesn't work with a HTTP proxy.
- Fixed a "Max Retries" problem, where the number 1 was treated as 0.
- Fixed a IBM iSeries AS/400 server problem.
- Fixed a problem with the "Speed & Elapsed - Left" columns.
- Fixed a upload speed problem, with the "Global Queue".
- FTP cache system partly rewritten. Fixed several bugs.
- Fixed bug with zip/cab folders in Localbrowser.
- Fixed a small cosmetic thread bug.
- Added support for Stratus/VOS system
- The default buffer size for transfers is now 8 KB and is only increased if required.
|- Fixes some problems with non-reliable current speeds and transfer timeouts.
- Fixed a small problem with "Empty Cache".
- Some minor "Queue" thread fixes and improvements have been made.
- The Queue engine now also sends a CLNT command after the FEAT reply.
- Fixed all known problems with copy&paste of text, for Windows 98/ME.
- Improved the "IP Repeater".
- Fixed a minor Mvs problem.
- All code from "Controls2.dll" has been migrated to "SmartFTP.exe".
|- The "Controls2.dll" file may be deleted now.
- The "Development Builds" now use the (NSIS Setup).
|- The "SFTPDev.exe" detects the MSI installation path, and if not found, the default install path will be "C:\Program Files\SmartFTP".
- Major code re factoring.
- Fixed a problem where dates of 2002 would be displayed, instead of 2003.
- Fixed a crash, which would happen when you left the "Transfers / Connections" panel open upon exit.
- Fixed a crash for Win98.
- Fixed a cosmetic bug with "Commands > Connection -> "Passive Mode".
- Added a "Auto Expand Folders in Tree View" feature. Can be found in the "Navigation" settings.
- Fixed a problem with the state of the "Url Catcher" on the toolbar, which wasn't loaded on startup. (9X).
- Fixed a problem with the "Change Folder" feature.
- Extended the "Exception Handler" dialog, by adding a "Mini Dump" save feature.
- Added a new info dialog "Prompt" for the address bar.
- Fixed the "Statistics" resizing problem. (9X).
- Fixed a "Quick Folders" insert group problem.
- The "Development Build" installer now displays the Date/Time on the titlebar.
|- This will now be known as the final (972) development build.