Deployment problem (vs2008)

This forum is not monitored by the SmartFTP staff. If you have a license please contact technical support by email.
JimM

Deployment problem (vs2008)

Post by JimM » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:44 pm

Trying to deploy an application, I have come across a problem. (deployed prog will not start up)

I have read the section on side by side execution, and have pasted in the code into my application manifest.

Trying to build it gives 'Error 5 Could not find file 'sfFTPLib, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=*, ProcessorArchitecture=x86, Type=win32'. ClipStore'

I have sfFTPLib.dll (ver 1.5.17.24) and Interop.sfFTPLib.dll (ver 1.5.0.0) in my application directory.

pasted in from the helpfile is

<dependency>
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity
type="win32"
name="sfFTPLib"
version="1.5.0.0"
language="*"
processorArchitecture="x86"
/>
</dependentAssembly>
</dependency>

Any ideas?

thnx

Jim

mb
Display name: Mat (SmartFTP)

Re: Deployment problem (vs2008)

Post by mb » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:00 pm

Hello Jim ..

Is this the error message from Visual Studio? Did you add the sfFTPLib.dll as a reference in your project? Maybe you have to readd it.

If you register the dll you don't need a manifest. If you want to use SxS you need to add the part from the help file to your manifest.

Regards,
Mat

JimM

Re: Deployment problem (vs2008)

Post by JimM » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:43 pm

Hello Jim ..

Is this the error message from Visual Studio? Did you add the sfFTPLib.dll as a reference in your project? Maybe you have to readd it.

If you register the dll you don't need a manifest. If you want to use SxS you need to add the part from the help file to your manifest.

Regards,
Mat

Got the manifest working in the end. My mistake.

Thanks,

Jim