Issue Confirmations

• Yes (0)No (0)
Photo

Imported Favorites Will Not Delete

Posted by SmartBurger on 24 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

Reproduce the bug:

Menu > Favorites > Edit Favorites > Tools > Import >

Select the type of import as SmartFTP XML Favorites Folder import

Instead of selecting a folder containing only the XML files, pick any random directory with images or regular files in it.

Import that instead, like I did accidentally. (the folder actually did contain the XML files but it imported the entire directory with images and everything - this should not have happened)

Right click on the folders as they are listed in Favorites now, choose Delete.

They wont delete. You can drag and drop them within eachother. Try that. It works.

Try creating a new folder now within this area. Then delete it. For me it deletes, but leaves the text with no folder icon. Ugh ...

I have done countless steps since then and now my entire SmartFTP crashes when I try to import favorites.

Uninstalling this program does not work. You guys apparently leave a buncho f junk on my hard drive.

Please tell me how I can completely wipe this software from my hard drive and start over. Fully wipe it clean.

Thanks

Try to delete this folder:
%appdata%\SmartFTP\Client 2.0\Favorites

SmartBurger
May 26 2013 06:12 PM
If my request was "How can I completely wipe this software from my hard drive - Fully wipe it clean" ... wouldn't the proper suggestion be:

"Try to delete this folder: %appdata%\SmartFTP\"

?

==================================================
Update:

Sorry this suggestion did not work. The folders I made are gone, but...

I still see the "ghost" favorite I added (see above): "Try creating a new folder now within this area. Then delete it. For me it deletes, but leaves the text with no folder icon."

This favorite is still there. And that would be fine.

Except when I click on "Edit Favorites > Import".......... the entire SmartFTP program crashes and disappears off the screen.

This is why I asked how I completely wipe this program from my computer. Every piece of it. Because something is still on my system somewhere that is causing new installs to crash.

Edited by SmartBurger, 26 May 2013 - 06:30 PM.

SmartBurger
May 26 2013 06:13 PM
By the way this is a bug report - so I hope its being incorporated into the workflow for the programmers to address. I've included steps to reproduce it above. Looking at the list of currently open tickets, it looks like the "Favorites" system is extremely buggy. Hope this will get put into the "to do" list for the developers.

mb  
changed severity to: 1 - Low
changed status to: Confirmed

>Import of non favorites
The next build won't import non favorites files any longer. Instead of using the Import dialog you can also copy the folder to the %appdata%\SmartFTP\Client 2.0\Favorites folder in the Windows File Explorer.

>rest
There are no known other problems with the favorites system. The problem you are seeing are most likely caused by 3rd party products (software firewall, AV etc) blocking SmartFTP's shell notifications.

mb  
changed status to: Fixed

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users