• -

• -

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (0)No (0)
Photo

Making new local folder deleted my online files

Posted by Tessa on 09 October 2010 - 08:36 PM

Using Smart FTP 4.0.1137.0
I was attempting to create a new local folder, when I got an error popup.
I could not understand what the error message was (and I've been so distressed about this, I cannot now remember what the error message was).
I attempted to close the error-message popup window, both by clicking the X to close and by clicking the OK button.
Nothing I did would close the error-message popup, and I tried many times to close it.
Finally, I used Windows Task Manager to shut down Smart FTP.
Then I re-opened Smart FTP, to find that all of my online website files had been deleted. I no longer had a website. And because my old computer had crashed and I was using a new computer, I had not yet put my website files on my new computer.
So, I had no website online and no files to re-create my website online.
I spent the next hour trying to get my provider's tech support to re-install my deleted files. Finally, after 3 hours, my website files were restored.

How can Smart FTP delete files in the online folder, when user is trying to create a new local folder?
And why cannot a user close an error-popup window?
And, can't you use ordinarly plain English on error popup windows to explain what the problem is and how to resolve the error?

PLEASE fix this glitch!!!
I am scared to ever use Smart FTP again, even though I used older versions of it years ago quite happily.

SmartFTP doesn't delete files unless you instruct it to do so.

Updating status to: Bogus

Not a bug report.

MB: Your statement is totally contrary to what I experienced.

Who are you?

If you don't want to help, don't deny my reality.

If you cannot accept what happened, as I reported in detail above, please let me know:
Who can I talk to about getting my money back?

Please contact our technical support and provide detailed instructions on how to reproduce the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users