Jump to content


Photo

Problem with Activex


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 advisor

advisor
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Location:
    Madrid

Posted 19 September 2005 - 11:14 AM

Now, I've a little program that can read the license key... (thanks for your great help...), but when I execute the program in another PC, I've this message:

Run-Time error '429'
ActiveX component can't create object
--------------------------------------------

I'm using Visual Basic 6 with Windows XP...
please, can help me again? whats is wrong??
Thanks!

#2 mb

mb

    Developer

  • Administrators
  • 11521 posts
  • Gender:
    Male
  • Location:
    Worldwide

Posted 19 September 2005 - 06:31 PM

Try to register the component:

regsvr32.exe sfFTPLib.dll

#3 peter@instantinterfaces.n

peter@instantinterfaces.n
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 01:14 PM

I have a similar problem.
In an App we have deployed we register DLL's on runtime. Suddenly (locally) the sFTP component can not be registered again.

When registering the component via regSvr32, the following error is produced:

DLLregister in sftpLib.dll has failed. Return code was 0x80070005

Other DDL's in the same dir are registering without problems.

On Googling the error, one of the possible reasons given for this error is "user rights". I checked those. (I am full Administrator on the development machine this error occurred)

the problem appeared on October 19, afternoon. That same morning (without restarts) it was still working well.

Any clue?

#4 mb

mb

    Developer

  • Administrators
  • 11521 posts
  • Gender:
    Male
  • Location:
    Worldwide

Posted 24 October 2005 - 02:16 PM

Hello ..

For me it looks definitively like a permission problem. Please see the following link:
http://www.cryer.co....fld80070005.htm

Regards,
-Mat

#5 peter@instantinterfaces.n

peter@instantinterfaces.n
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 11:20 AM

It was a permission problem, based on permissions in the registry on the keys connected to smartFTP

By manually resetting these permissions via regex32 (see link of moderator) and uninstalling the DLL, the problem was solved.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users