Photo

License Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#21 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11521 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:49 PM

Installing version 1.1 Build 984 works with your license key and doesn't display the maintenance dialog.

A further note to other readers. The customer bought a license WITHOUT maintenance and support. This product (license) was previously offered for a discounted price for users who don't need support or had plans to upgrade to a newer version. The customer was aware of this fact at the time the license has been bought.

Version 1.1 Build 984 has been sent to the customer. SmartFTP is not responsible for keeping and providing previous versions of the software.

Regards,
-Mat

#22 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2005 - 04:01 PM

Installing version 1.1 Build 984 works with your license key and doesn't display the maintenance dialog.

This is not true - the license key works, but I still get nag message. As a safety check, I uninstalled the package and manually deleted any reference to SmartFTP in the registry before trying to re-install. No go - still getting nagged.

At this point, I give up. I thank you for 5 months of use - I really did enjoy the software - but I will be taking my business elsewhere (somewhere sans nags).

#23 cathode

cathode
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 02:43 PM

I really don't see why SmartFTP went this route. It's a hassle for the customer any way you look at it.