Photo

Global Queue is crashing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#21 monaco-o

monaco-o
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 06:29 PM

Hi

It's not a problem of high number of threads.

I'm using 6 threads (2 thread per site) and I have the bug. I've told you to try with 60+ threads to have bug in a SHORT time. So, stop tell me it's not a normal way to use 25+ threads because it's stupid to use 25+ threads !!!!

Olivier

#22 Caleb

Caleb
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 07:21 PM

I cannot reproduce your bug either.

I have used smartftp for a long time with 6-7 threads at a time and NEVER had a crash.

Maybe it is an issue with SmartFTP but without really easy reproducable case or some pattern it's hard to fix it.

#23 ianf

ianf
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 10:44 PM

I hope this thread isn't dead yet, but I can consistently crash the Global Queue using SmartFTP 1.0.979.

Just enable the "Split Folder Contents to Separate Items" in tools -> settings ->Queue, and then connect to a linux distribution site and try to download the distribution (I used redhat/fedora mirrors).

I was able to reproduce the crash consistently using 10 and 5 threads (doesn't seem to matter how many threads, I think it's the amount of entries in the queue and not relatedc to the threads?).

A thread startes enumerating the directory contents, and after a minute or so of this, poof, it's dead.

Thanks

#24 Louie

Louie
  • Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 10:54 PM

Sorry but this thread is pretty old already.

There hasn't been a reply for this thread in two months.

Please upgrade to the latest development build. (980.0)

The Guidelines already state this (very first sticky' thread) on
this forum. www.smartftp.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6046