History and Favorites Location....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Encore2097

Encore2097
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 04:05 PM

Um.. I backed up my SmartFTP folder, ( hoping it would contain my history), i upgraded from WinMe (ew), backed up all my files and stuff, to another HD, I formatted, and clean installed the OS and moved back all ym files... Now apparently no files in the SmartFTP fodler contain information about settings or history, so after reading a couple of posts Im assuming that the History adn Favorties were located in WindowsApplication DataSmartfTP ? for WinMe anyway....

#2 Louie

Louie
  • Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 08:24 PM

http://www.smartftp....p?a=view&id=033

#3 Encore2097

Encore2097
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 11:37 PM

Um... I previously had WinMe, and i saved/ copy the C:Program FilesSmartFTP directory, so what files in there have my history and favorites? I don't see any .dat files in the root SmartFTP folder....

#4 epp_b

epp_b
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 03:31 AM

Your favorites and history, by default, are stored in c:windowsapplication datasmartftp (on Win98/ME). This is the directory you need in order to restore your favorites, history, etc.

They will not be in your c:program filessmartftp[/b] directory.

#5 Encore2097

Encore2097
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 03:42 AM

Thanks for all your help guys. If I plan to back-up my stuff again ( since I'm now on Windows 2000 ) I should back up the "Documents and SettingsAdministratorApplication DataSmartFTP" folder correct, and back-up the registry key for my settings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users