Build Number: 970
Development Status: EOL
Final Code ETA: Nov 1, 2002
- Fixed a pasting problem using the Ctrl+V keys.
- Fixed a Session Queue problem with items getting deleted, this would occur when the abort command was issued and when "Continue On Error" was enabled.
- Fixed a small settings dialog problem; was not saving settings on certain circumstances.
- Added the ability to use your thumb button on your mouse as a back button.
- The "Selection Groups" has a new control.
- Fixed a problem with the recent folders not saving, this only occured to the Queue Source & Global Queue.
- Fixed the Session to Global Queue drag & drop problem.
- Fixed a Local Browser rename problem.
- Added a new setting to disable reverse lookup for IP's during connection.
- Fixed the Settings > General > Text Viewer "select" button option was inaccessible.
- Rewrote some parts of the Queue; the max number of threads per "SmartFTP.exe" process was limited to 16, it's now unlimited.
- Fixed a nasty Global Queue abort bug; the queue was not functional when this problem was encountered, you were also forced to end the process.
- Fixed a problem when files were deleted in a remote server connection window, the "objects indicator" would not display the correct updated stats.
- Fixed the Execute/View problem; the wrong file name was being sent to the text file viewer.
- SSL: If the default user certificate is available in the "My" cert store, it will be used as the client certificate for SSL connections.
- Added a new toolbar button (PASV) - You will have to "Customize > Reset" for the new button to be displayed.
- The "Display" settings has a new control.
- Fixed "Current Speed" displaying negative zero speeds, this would occur when transfer speed was over 1,000 KB/s.
- Fixed command line options.
- Reset of queue item status text on "Queue Start"
- Fixed startup problem when "Active Buddy" was running
- Fixed "Queue Stop" problem on Win9x
- Fixed "D&E: drive is not accessible" error upon close of the Local browser. This problem occured on Win9x only.
- Fixed a zip file slow down problem under XP, when accessing the local browser with quite a few *.zip files.
- Added "On Queue Complete" feature. (Idle, Stop Queue, Close Application, Lock Workstation, Logoff, Shutdown)
- The "Sounds" settings has a new control.
- Fixed a small "On Queue Complete Bug" If disconnected from the remote server, it would perform the action ahead of time.
- Fixed a small sort by order problem for the favorites "Last Connect" It would not sort the N/A sites.
- Added a status indicator on the Global Queue, it will let you know what *.que file you currently got loaded.
- Fixed a freeze bug when deleting and emptying the history in Settings->History.
- Fixed a bug with the Settings->User Prompt page.
- The "Continue on Error" option has no effect in the Queue anymore.
- Fixed a small listing decoder bug when having the [-T] option enabled.
- Removed "Show Colored Lines" and "Show State Images" options from the Settings->Color dialog.
- Fixed Alt + Enter problem in Edit->Favorites on Win9x.
- Added "On Queue Complete" dropdown button on the "Global Queue" toolbar, the Save & Save As buttons have been merged.
- Added "Hibernate" to "On Queue Complete" options
- Rewrote "Proxy Exceptions". You can now use globing (wildcards like ?,*). Now working in the Global Queue as well.
- Added a seperator for the "On Queue Complete"
NOTE: After it has performed the action the option is reset to "Idle" except for the "Stop Queue" option .
- Added "Auto Start on Startup" option to Settings->Queue
- Queue: Changed the way the directory items are added to the Queue
- Less items in the queue => faster processing and smaller .que files.
- Items uploaded by another user after the queue is started will more likely be downloaded now.
- Added a "Pause" feature for the Global Queue.
On "Pause" the queue waits for the current transfers to be finished and does not start any new threads/transfers.
- Added "Max Queue Log Lines" Tools > Settings > General > "Queue Log"
- Fixed several minor "Queue" issues
- Fixed a small Global Queue "Pause" bug.
- Added "CDUP" support for the Command Line & Custom Commands.
- Fixed a bug when "Split Folder Contents to seperate folder Items" was disabled, the queue would auto delete itself, only when the pause option was set.
- Speed improvements during start up.
- Added a workaround for the XBox-EvolutionX FTPD, it has a file time/date issue.
- Added a setting to Disable/Enable the "FEAT" command, this new feature can be found in your connection settings.
Build 970.0 - 8-Oct-2002
- Full Unicode support/build
- MBCS/DBCS support
- UTF8 support
|- Win2k Unicode Show Case
|- Win98 Unicode Show Case
|- WinXP Unicode Show Case
|- Tested with RaidenFTPd Beta (OPTS UTF8 ON)
|- If FEAT is enabled and UTF8 is supported it will then be automatically enabled.
|- Support for WS_FTP Server's non working UTF8 (SITE UTF8)
|- Important: Not all unicode fonts are installed by default. Go to Start Menu: Settings > Control Panel -> "Regional Settings" and install them.
|- Added a 'Listing Encoding' option: "Default Codepage" - with settings of Auto, ANSI, UTF8.
- Bug Fixes / Minor Changes
- Favorites: SSL icons in Menu: Favorites
- Favorites: Item name limited to 31 chars
- Win9x: Fixed "Selection Groups" save problem.
- Upload file sorting
- Resume button status in "File Exist" dialog after "All" checkbox has been toggled
- Added validity check for "Paths" in Settings->General tab.
- Possible crash on PASV connection failure (SSL only)
- Custom Command: RETR %fd is now supported.
- "Commands" menu items stay enabled after a disconnect.
- Win9x: Fixed font problem with "bold" menu items.
- Added a Limit Local Port Range feature.
- Fixed a menu font color visibility problem under XP.
- Fixed a problem where the "Edit Favorites" window would flash.
- The Custom Commands dialog window is now resizable.
- Fixed a encoding problem for the "Export -> Text File" feature.
- Updated the SmartFTP Shell Extension -> "SmartHook.dll".
- Fixed a direct-upload problem where it would output an error of: "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect".
- Fixed a url buffer overflow in the URL hex encoder.
- Fixed the "rasapi32.dll" problem under windows NT 4.0.
- Fixed a drag and drop problem using Windows Explorer for uploading.
- Fixed a shell notify bug when you created a new folder on the desktop.
- Fixed the command line switch again, was broken due to Unicode support.
- Fixed a CLNT command problem for the Global Queue.
- Fixed some Ident problems as it was not functioning anymore.
- Fixed a problem with the "On Queue Complete" for shutdown as it did not save the "Queue".
- Fixed a problem where exiting from the top right hand [X] would not auto save the Queue always.
- Fixed all known NT4 bugs.
- Fixed a "Copy Url" Ctrl+U problem.
- Added "Elapsed - Left" for the Global Queue & Connections window.
- Added support for SSL client certificates
- Shift+Minimize adds SmartFTP to the systray
- Fixed font issues with Japanese/Chinese/Tawain etc
- Fixed a 'New Folder' problem on a network share.
- Fixed a Insert bug exception for the Quick Folder settings.
- Fixed a Global Queue problem, as when the connection to the server was lost, only one thread would resume when the server was back online.
- Added Ctrl+T for "Direct Download -> Default Folder" and Ctrl+Z for "Download->Global Queue->Default Folder"
- Fixed "lost" focus problem when using Alt+Tab
- Finally removed disabled "FTP Search"
- "URL Watcher" prompt (Settings->Prompts)
- Fixed "ASCII List" case sensitivy problem
- Fixed several "Localbrowser" key accelerator issues (Enter, Tab, Backspace)
- Fixed a problem where files were not visible on Local Browser panes, for NT4.
- Added a "Restore Defaults" option for the "Custom Commands".