Switch from terminal over SSH to SFTP over SSH + Config for Preview window

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Groentjuh

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

Dear Smartftp support,

Being a long time 'fan' of smartftp, I decide to once again put some money into smartftp. Upgrading my license and updating my installation. So one thing that bugs me a lot is that I cannot find any way to hook up bookmarks for a terminal over SSH and SFTP over SSH together, so I can just simply press some button and have a SFTP window or SSH window loaded for me. Having many many favorites makes finding that 1 favorite pretty annoying.

I believe this issue was brought up a long time ago, but I do not know what became of that. So it is possible to do something the allows me to change quickly from a SFTP connection to SSH connection and back?

Another new feature I noticed is the tiny preview window, which shows previews of text files and images. It is possible to manage the extensions it previews. For example I have a lot of ".cfg" files which I know are text files. Is there some way I can make those being previewed as text?

Best regards,

#2 mb

• Administrators
  • 11904 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

>sftp, terminal
One way is to add two favorites and group them into the same favorite folder for quick access.

Install the preview handler

And then copy the registry entries for the preview handler from the .au3 file to the .cfg extension.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users