Photo

File Upload Filters: Prevent .svn and _notes folders and subfolders / files from uploading

svn filters upload

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 cjezowicz

cjezowicz
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:26 PM

I have read the other forums posts about preventing smartFTP from uploading .svn files and _notes directories but haven't had the same success. What I am doing is going into Favorites, Right-Clicking the connection I'm trying to filter, Filters,

Options: Enable
Ignore Case: Checked
Filter List: Use Default Settings

And in Settings > Favorites > Default Favorite, I have tried a ton of different permentations including but not limited to

*.svn
*.svn*
*/.svn
*/.svn/*

I have tried most of the regEx attempts with all the Scope options as well with no luck. I have tried to transfer by dragging files to the remote view, clicking the blue upload arrows. Once uploading I have tried use default rules and overwrite everything. Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thank you,

Chris Jezowicz

#2 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11521 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:38 PM

The filter does not apply to the selected files/folders but only to files/folders in the subfolders of the selection.

#3 cjezowicz

cjezowicz
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:55 PM

When I was testing the filters I was uploading the folder "css" which had .svn and _notes folders inside of it. So by your suggestion, it should have uploaded everything inside of "css" and skipped over .svn and _notes, correct?

#4 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11521 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:10 PM

Yes, correct.

#5 cjezowicz

cjezowicz
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:13 PM

But it was uploading those files. What should I do? Could you post the correct RegEx for excluding .svn and _notes folders so I could try it again? Also suggest how I should be uploading my files so it follows the filters?

#6 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11521 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

Are the files transferred through the transfer queue (Use Automatic Rules in the file exist dialog)? Did you try it with Wildcards instead of regexp?

#7 cjezowicz

cjezowicz
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:02 PM

I dragged and dropped the files from local to remote. I also tried the blue upload button in the center menu. Both of these methods add the files to the Transfer Queue in the bottom panel so I'm assuming yes. I used asterisk as a wildcard if I'm understanding you correctly? If not could you give me an example of how a wildcard would be different than regexp?

#8 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11521 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:10 PM

The question is if individual files are added or the folders containing the files you want to filter. Individual files are not filtered, files inside folders are.

#9 cjezowicz

cjezowicz
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:43 PM

Well first off I can't even select the .svn folders if for say it exists in the root directory. So besides the root .svn folder every other .svn folder exists within a folder that is selected and uploaded. In the example when I uploaded the CSS folder I selected the folder and uploaded that folder. It then went inside the folder and uploaded everything including the .svn folder which should have been excluded.

#10 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11521 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:10 PM

I don't know why the filters are not working for you. Sorry.

#11 cjezowicz

cjezowicz
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

Is this how you typically handle customer support? Just give up? Hashtag not impressed.