Photo

replication bug?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 rjb

rjb
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

I would like to report the following behavior. I have scheduled task to copy a directory on a server (and all its contents including subfolders) to a local directory. There is a directory on the server named “07-20-11 Order”. SmartFTP first copied this directory to my local drive as “07-29-11 Order”. In subsequent runs of this task this directory and all of its contents is being copied as “7-29-11 Order”, without the preceeding zero. If I delete either the “07…” or “7…” directories from my local drive, when the task runs it recreates the one I deleted. This seems very strage and is resulting in a 2GB folder being duplicated on my local machine.

#2 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11527 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

It is hard to see why SmartFTP would randomly remove characters from file/folder name?

#3 rjb

rjb
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:42 PM

I agree. It is hard to see why. But this is what is happening and why I posted to this forum. Do you have any ideas? Or is this the extent of support that is available on this product?

#4 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11527 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:34 PM

We are unable to reproduce the problem. Also as I said, I do not think the problem is caused by SmartFTP.

#5 rjb

rjb
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:05 PM

Unfortunately, I think you are not correct about this. The only application involved is SmartFTP. There is a directory on the server, a directory on the client, and SFTP. SFTP is scheduled to start up through Windows scheduler and then runs a copy scheduled task on instantiation. I see no other software involved.

#6 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11527 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

Please provide detailed instructions on how to reproduce the problem on a fresh installation of SmartFTP on a newly setup of Windows 7. It is important that you try to reproduce the problem with at least steps as possible (e.g. without the Windows task scheduler, etc).

#7 rjb

rjb
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:54 PM

I'm sorry, but I am not going to reinstall Windows to debug this. Thank you anyway.

#8 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11527 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:56 PM

You can install it on a VM or install SmartFTP on different computer and try to reproduce the problem.