Running unattended as part of VB app

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rob N.

Rob N.
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:25 PM

I am running into a problem attempting to upload files via SSH-FTP, using the SmartFTP Library Object in an automated VB 6 app. I have installed SmartFTP client with a valid license. If I am signed on to the computer and the scheduled task runs, the files are ftp'd properly. When I am logged off the machine in question, when the scheduled task runs, the ftp upload does not work, returning an error of "Object ~ of method ~ failed." Is there a way I can run this as an automated task called from an app without having to be signed in to the machine in question?

#2 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11521 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

For support please renew the maintenance (expired in March): http://www.smartftp....purchase/renew/

#3 Rob N.

Rob N.
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:50 PM

Would you be able to say yes or no if I can do what I am trying to do? You do not need to go into the specifics until I've renewed the maintenance, however if I cannot do this then I have to look for FTP software that can, thus making renewing pointless.

#4 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11521 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:56 PM

Our technical support is able to look at your problem after you have renewed the maintenance.

#5 Rob N.

Rob N.
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

I'm sorry but then I must ask, if I do renew my maintenance agreement, and your technical support is not able to assist me, or I am not able to do what I am intending using SamrtFTP, will I be refunded for the renewal? Forgive my bluntness, but if I am unable to do what I am trying to do using SmartFTP, then I need to find another route and will have just purchased a support agreement for something that I will not use. It does not make financial sense to purchase support for something I will not be able to use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users