Nothing shows on my homepage

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Eurydice

Eurydice
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:11 AM

Yes the images are on my computer and look fine in the browser preview that Legacy gives while building the web pages. I'll check the other things you asked and get back, but meanwhile I'm trying to reload from scratch after changing some of the settings in the website, for example it asked of I wanted htm or html as extensions, have changed it to html. How do I empty out the old one from the remote browser window? If I copy across a new version it appears to run through the transfer queue beautifully, but the data in the remote browser window remains unchanged?
OK I've discovered i can remove them about 10 at a time using control and Alt though there must be a better way as I have over 400 pages.

Edited by Eurydice, 04 May 2011 - 05:21 AM.

#22 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11867 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:21 AM

SmartFTP only uploads files that have been modified. Files that are "equal" are skipped.

If you want, you can delete all the files in the Remote Browser and then upload them again. But this is not really recommended.

#23 Eurydice

Eurydice
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:24 AM

Sorry I edited my last as you were replying. So why didn't my changes show?, such as different coloured background selected? And should I have chosen .htm or .html as the extension for all pages when legacy gave the option?

#24 Eurydice

Eurydice
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:11 AM

OK I did that, but i see what you mean - quite laborious. The pictures look fine now and I can get back to index page. BUT the webpage opens looking like the below. I may have copied the folders across at too high a level. How do I make it open at the home page? It is already index.html.

"Name Last modified Size Description
Parent Directory -
family history/ 04-May-2011 15:46 -
familyhistory/ 04-May-2011 15:46 -
Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) PHP/5.2.6-1+lenny8 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8g Server at grapevine.com.au Port 80

#25 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11867 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:57 AM

yes you should copy/upload the files inside the familyhistory folder to the parent folder.

#26 Eurydice

Eurydice
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:49 AM

Thanks for your patience mb. I think I've got the hang of it sufficiently to do what I want to now. I've taken a while to get back because I wanted people to test the website for me. The "Parent directory" stuff was an issue with the webspace provider, not a problem at all. It all seems to work well. You have a satisfied customer! If I have other questions I'll try to find a relevant thread on the forum. Best wishes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users