Photo

linked favourites do not work anymore

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 nik_c

nik_c
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:00 AM

Hi,

I have just installed the latest version of smartFTP (4.0.1169.0) and ow the linked favourites do not work anymore. I have tried to re-link them from within smartFTP, but it does not work. They look like they are linked, but when I click on them they don't work.

This is a pity as I have about 60 of them whcih I use regularly stored on an USB stick and I can't get to them now. I do not want to import them as it is vital that they are NOT on the computer for security reasons.

Thanks,
Nik C

#2 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11520 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:46 AM

I'm unable to reproduce it. I tried the following:
- Tools->Settings. Then Favorites. Then I have added a new virtual folder C:\Download\Favorites, with a name "External Favorites"
- Went to Favorites->Edit Favorites. Copied existing favorite into "External Favorites" folder
- Right-click on the next favorite, then Connect, and Properties.
- Went to the main menu: Favorites->External Favorites and clicked on the favorite

#3 nik_c

nik_c
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:05 PM

I'm unable to reproduce it. I tried the following:
- Tools->Settings. Then Favorites. Then I have added a new virtual folder C:\Download\Favorites, with a name "External Favorites"
- Went to Favorites->Edit Favorites. Copied existing favorite into "External Favorites" folder
- Right-click on the next favorite, then Connect, and Properties.
- Went to the main menu: Favorites->External Favorites and clicked on the favorite

thanks for your reply.

I discovered that the linked favourites ARE accessible, but only from the main menu drop down. I usually have them displayed in the FAVORITES window and here they strangeny only show up AFTER I have selected them (and connected) from the main menu drop down.

Actually the PREDEFINED FAVORITES also behave like this: they can be selected from teh main menu drop down, but not from the favorites window.

#4 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11520 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:21 PM

Can you post the system information from the menu: Help->About "System Information" dialog?

#5 nik_c

nik_c
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:37 AM

Here you go:

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition
(Build 7600)

CPU Speed : 2527 MHz
Total Memory : 3957 MB
Free Memory : 1175 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 4.0.1169.0
Time Stamp : 2011-02-24 05:51:51
Platform : x64
Id : 400129027
Maintenance : 2011-08-16
Days in use : 199

+- Language ---------------------------
en-US

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 8.0.7600.16385

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

#6 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11520 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:44 AM

Thank you. I cannot reproduce what you are seeing.

Does anything change if you press F5 or the click on the refresh button in the Favorites window?

#7 nik_c

nik_c
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:53 AM

Thank you. I cannot reproduce what you are seeing.

Does anything change if you press F5 or the click on the refresh button in the Favorites window?

I have attached a screenshot of what I am seeing. It has the tools>>settings (favorites) pop-up open so you can see the path of the linked favorites, as well as the favorites window behind it, so you can see that the highltighted favorites (TMW) do not show up in the window.

Posted Image

I am not sure if this is relevant as the favorites did work with the earlier version of smartftp, but the USB stick on which the favorites are stored is encrypted using the windows bitlocker system. but as it is set to unlock the stick automatically, there should not be a problem. - As I said, there was none before, I was using bitlocker for weeks before that with the earlier version without a problem.

Nik C

#8 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11520 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:20 AM

Please try this:
http://www.smartftp....ings-f2625.html

#9 nik_c

nik_c
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

Thanks - that worked.
Is this a general fix for when things get stuck?
Nik C

#10 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11520 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:31 PM

The problem was a corrupt shellview state in the registry. Deleting the registry removed this corrupt data.