• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mozzlo

mozzlo
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:53 AM

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to speed up my backup task (ftp remote server (from my web hosting) to a workstation).

As a matter of fact, it takes about 10 hours to backup 1 go of data !

Tls for your reply..

#2 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11521 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:17 PM

What you can do in SmartFTP:
- Increase the number of workers in the Transfer Queue if you have many small files. Depending on your connection to the server I would try it with 4-8 workers first.
- If you have one big file, use multi part transfers. Right-click on the transfer queue item, select Properties, go to the Advanced dialog.

#3 mozzlo

mozzlo
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:29 PM

What you can do in SmartFTP:
- Increase the number of workers in the Transfer Queue if you have many small files. Depending on your connection to the server I would try it with 4-8 workers first.
- If you have one big file, use multi part transfers. Right-click on the transfer queue item, select Properties, go to the Advanced dialog.

tks for your reply but what do you mean by" workers", how can i manage to do that ?

Tks for our reply..

#4 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11521 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:30 PM

Take a look at the transfer queue window at the bottom of SmartFTP. There is an input field for the number of concurrent workers.
Alternatively you can change it in the menu: Tools->Settings. Then go to the Queue dialog.

#5 mozzlo

mozzlo
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:11 AM

Take a look at the transfer queue window at the bottom of SmartFTP. There is an input field for the number of concurrent workers.
Alternatively you can change it in the menu: Tools->Settings. Then go to the Queue dialog.

oups, ok ..Tks a lot..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users