Monitor a folder

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 hardipe

hardipe
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:09 PM

Matt, is there a workaround for this until you can enhance the current Monitoring feature further?

The fact that the whole folder has to be processed once before it can start intelligently monitoring the contents is very bad. Each time i restart SF, i have to let it upload all the files - that will overwrite all files on the live site that is running.

The main aim is that the Intelligent Folder Monitoring be a synchronization service. So that each time something changes inside the folder, the change is reflected on the remote server. Right now it seems perfect, with the only small flaw of it requiring one full processing before the actual good part begins :D

Or can you give an estimate, when do you plan to implement this? I am pushing this, because i lose some 10-20% of the time developing for adding new files created to the TrQ.

Or maybe you know of a better way to achieve this - maybe with some other application?

#22 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11520 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:36 PM

There are no plans to add such a feature in the short term. If you are interested in custom development please contact us at sales@smartftp.com
Thanks
Mat

#23 hardipe

hardipe
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:28 PM

This is the discussion we had

you said the Intelligent Monitor will start working once the folder has been processed at least once. Is it possible to remove this property - i'd like it to be intelligent from the beginning (if possible).

Yep it makes sense but we have to delay this for a future version of SmartFTP.

And now you said this:

There are no plans to add such a feature in the short term. If you are interested in custom development please contact us at sales@smartftp.com
Thanks
Mat

Do you mean that the enhancement for the existing IM is not a "short term feature, that you are going to add". or did you misunderstand me?

By the way, the current IM is totally annulled by the fact that it has to process the whole folder at least once - i can't imagine using that in real life production, when the SF is often reopened - each time, all the files have to be uploaded once...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users