Photo

"Verify Class ID" error prevents SFTP from starting

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#21 webzy

webzy
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:05 PM

Can you please install the latest version 3.5?

It seems they have fixed the bug in this version.

Hi again,

That's great news :(

I will try that and let you know how it went.

webzy

#22 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11878 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:09 AM

Hello ..

We have received the following report from a user:

The following versions of CyberArmor defintively prevent SmartFTP to work correctly:
CyberArmor v2.2
CyberArmor v2.6

The following version of CyberArmor corrects the problem:
CyberArmor v3.5

In conclusion. If you are using any version of CyberArmor before v3.5 upgrade to the latest version or use another software firewall product that went through testing and is recommended by Microsoft.

Regards,
Mat
SmartFTP

#23 webzy

webzy
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:57 PM

In conclusion. If you are using any version of CyberArmor before v3.5 upgrade to the latest version or use another software firewall product that went through testing and is recommended by Microsoft.

Thanks for your help :(
I will try that solution for sure.

webzy

#24 Texdawg

Texdawg
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:43 AM

Thanks Mat. I did both things you suggested: I first run the exe you pointed me to and after that I did the registry trick, rebooted, etc.

Something must have worked because I can now open and use the SFTP

BUT B) there are still some "Verify Class ID" errors occuring from time to time, especially while trying to view the contents of a directory, but at least I can do what I want.

I will dig some more in the registry and try to put a few more keys in the cache, like the one I just did.

For now the biggest problem is over :( I am happy.

I will let you know what I was able to do more to get rid of the other errors, but not now, 'cause it's 12:45am here and I really am sleepy :(

Have a good evening and "talk" to you soon.

webzy

I've having this problem too. I did the registry trick, but I can't locate the "exe" you mention.

#25 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11878 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:32 AM

Do you have CyberArmor installed?

#26 Texdawg

Texdawg
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:19 PM

No, I use COMODO Firewall Pro. I do have the Windows XP firewall turned off.

Since my old computer is slowly passing I'm in the process of reinstalling all my applications on a new
computer I'm building from scratch. I didn't have any SFTP problems on the old computer because I was
short some security patches. On my new bare hard drive I'm all the way out to SP3 and
all security patches. And now I'm installing 2 to 3 applications per evening. Unfortunately
I ran into the Shell Extension problem.

#27 Texdawg

Texdawg
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:34 PM

I uninstalled my Comodo firewall. The problem still persists.

#28 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11878 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:49 PM

Try to install the latest version from here:
http://www.smartftp....et/SFTPBeta.exe

You can also use the ShellExView tool to make sure that the SmartFTP shell extensions are not disabled.

Regards,
Mat

#29 Texdawg

Texdawg
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:27 AM

Try to install the latest version from here:
http://www.smartftp....et/SFTPBeta.exe

You can also use the ShellExView tool to make sure that the SmartFTP shell extensions are not disabled.

Regards,
Mat

ShellExView is a nifty little program. All the SmartFTP extensions were enabled.

However, I successfully installed the Beta over my existing SmartFTP and things seem to work ok for now.

#30 rook

rook
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:39 PM

ShellExView is a nifty little program. All the SmartFTP extensions were enabled.

However, I successfully installed the Beta over my existing SmartFTP and things seem to work ok for now.

Hello,
I am having problems using SmartFTP. I have followed all the recommendations in this trend but still can't get it to work. I could not install the beta version cos i got an error on verify class id and installation could not continue. I have CyberAmor as well. Any idea what i could do?

At first the error was something about sfFTPSmartExtension.dll shell extension; i did the manipulation using regedit and got a verify class id error which closes the client altogether.

#31 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11878 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:11 PM

It's a confirmed bug in CyberArmor. They have fixed it in the latest version of their product.

Regards,
Mat