Photo

Loss of D & D from OE

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 JMack

JMack
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:40 AM

I didn't see this mentioned, sorry if it's a dupe.

(Win2K SP4, IE6 with matching OE)

After installing Beta 3 (whatever was current as of 06 March), I could no longer drag attachments from Outlook Express to any Windows folder. I didn't immediately make the connection to SmartFTP because it had been a few days since I needed to D&D an attachment...

After much sleuthing I discovered that you'd installed a custom ShellDropHandler, which apparently causes this behavior.

The only thing that cured it was a complete uninstall of Beta 3. Too bad, because I really need SFTP and it was working well.

Good luck with this and I hope to hear of a fix.

--
Jim

#2 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11525 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:35 AM

Bug confirmed. Thank you for reporting it. Fix should be available tomorrow.

#3 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11525 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:10 AM

Workaround for buggy IDataObject implemention of OE in latest version:
http://www.smartftp....get/SFTPNSI.exe

#4 JMack

JMack
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:58 PM

Workaround for buggy IDataObject implemention of OE in latest version:
http://www.smartftp....get/SFTPNSI.exe

Thanks Mat, problem solved. I believe this also affected the newer Windows Mail as well.

In diagnosing this I built a little drop client that looked at what was coming from OE, but I didn't see anything unusual. And I was in fact able to accept dropped attachments from OE -- only the shell (explorer in general) had problems.

Whatever -- working now.

--
Jim

#5 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11525 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:23 PM

Yep that's correct. Windows Mail suffers exactly from the same problem. They always return S_OK for the QueryGetData() function regardless of the clipboard format requested.Thus SmartFTP assumed that the dataobject contained SmartFTP's custom data and treated the dataobject as its own.

Regards,
Mat