As we appreciate every flaw of the SmartFTP program you may come across to be reported, there are some steps we wish you to abide by. Please take a moment to review the following sections when creating your new topic or replying to an existing one. Taking a moment to do this will save valuable time, for not only us the SmartFTP Team, but yourself as well.
- Verify if the bug exists after an Uninstall/Reinstall, followed by rebooting your PC.
- Verify that the bug has not already been stated in the Known Issues thread.
- Verify the existing open threads in the bug-report forum.
- Verify if the bug has been fixed already, by installing the latest Beta Build
- Changes for the Beta build(s) can be viewed in the Change Log threads.
- Provide your "System Information" from SmartFTP:Menu: Help > About > System Info -> "Copy To Clipboard".
- Provide the logs from the Remote Browser and the Transfer Queue:
KB: How To get the logs
- Provide a screenshot showing the problem if applicable:
KB: How to post a screenshot?
- If SmartFTP crashes provide a crash dump:
KB: How to collect crash reports
- Provide complete step-by-step instructions on how-to reproduce the crash or bug. You can use screen capture software to record your actions into an .avi file.Screen Capture Software:
Camstudio (Freeware. Recommended but does not work on x64)
Camtasia Studio (Shareware)
Screen Recorder (Shareware)
- If you are experiencing more than one bug, then create one bug-report per thread.
- When creating a new topic, use a constructive name, such as "IP Repeater Bug".
The SmartFTP Team.
Edited by mb, 22 March 2008 - 12:59 AM.