Photo

file resume reversed (new issue to latest version)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 user50

user50
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 06:40 AM

I've used the free version of SmartFTP for at least a couple revisions now, and as a freeloader I know this bug report is probably pretty low on the priority list - but just thought I'd register and let you know:

In the latest version I grabbed, v2.0.1002, when you try to transfer files via drag and drop, the destination file and source file are traded in the popup window. This means that if a file needs resuming, it will be impossible because the window will say that the incomplete file is the source and the completed file is the destination, therefore failing to highlight the "resume" button as an option. I've experimented with dragging the *actual* downloaded & incomplete file onto the *actual* source file and voila! the smartftp trades them again and offers to resume the transfer (in the wrong direction now).

I'm running winXP.

Cheers,

#2 eyebex

eyebex
  • Licensed User
  • 1860 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:41 AM

Please search the forum, this is a known bug and will be fixed in the next build. Thanks for the report anyways.

#3 user50

user50
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:02 PM

Please search the forum, this is a known bug and will be fixed in the next build. Thanks for the report anyways.

sorry about that! I did try to search keyword "resume" and couldn't find the issue I mentioned - I don't doubt it's there, I'm just not so handy at searching the forum I suppose ;]

thanks for the quick and thoughtful reply. in the meantime, is there anywhere to download an earlier build that didn't have this particular bug?

#4 eyebex

eyebex
  • Licensed User
  • 1860 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:12 PM

thanks for the quick and thoughtful reply. in the meantime, is there anywhere to download an earlier build that didn't have this particular bug?

It's our policy to only offer the most recent build for download on this site ... you may find previous build on sites like Download.com, however.

#5 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11521 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:33 AM

Hello ..

Please try again with the latest beta version 2.5 Build 2004:
http://www.smartftp....get/SFTPNSI.exe

Thank you.
Regards,
-Mat
SmartFTP

#6 user50

user50
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:05 PM

Hello ..

Please try again with the latest beta version 2.5 Build 2004:
http://www.smartftp....get/SFTPNSI.exe

Thank you.
Regards,
-Mat
SmartFTP

thank you so much! just installed it and the issue seems to be resolved. that is a huge help to me, on my internet connection (for reasons beyond me) I can only stay connected for 10 minutes at a time, which really inhibits the amount of data one can transfer without resume capabilities.

really appreciate the post <_<