VC++ 6.0 samples

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Nikeware

Nikeware
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:
    Diff Commander - folders compare and merge tool<br />Visual Comparer - text files compare and merge tool

Posted 19 May 2006 - 07:25 PM

I wish buy Smart FTP Library, and build it into my folders synchronize shareware tool. I has download Smart FTP Library but don't found VC++ 6.0 samples :unsure: Only for VC++ 2003.
May be you have old samples in VC++ 6.0 format?

Regards,
Nikolai Egipko

#2 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11528 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 03:57 PM

I'm sorry but we don't have any VC samples. But it should be very easy to convert the existing VS.NET 2003 samples to VC 6.0.

Regards,
SmartFTP

#3 Nikeware

Nikeware
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:
    Diff Commander - folders compare and merge tool<br />Visual Comparer - text files compare and merge tool

Posted 20 May 2006 - 05:04 PM

I'm sorry but we don't have any VC samples. But it should be very easy to convert the existing VS.NET 2003 samples to VC 6.0.

It's not problem. I try do that :unsure: Thanks.
Also, what about support of Secure FTP protocol in SmartFTP?
It's really will be accessible in near future?

Regards,
Nikolai Egipko

#4 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11528 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 05:12 PM

Hello ..

SFTP is planned for the future. Yes.

Regards,
-Mat

#5 Nikeware

Nikeware
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:

Posted 20 May 2006 - 05:18 PM

SFTP is planned for the future. Yes.

Nice news :unsure:

#6 Nikeware

Nikeware
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:

Posted 20 May 2006 - 08:38 PM

It's not problem. I try do that :rolleyes: Thanks.

Ok. I imported the VC 2003 MFC sample back to VC++ 6.0 MFC.
It's work :ph34r:

You can download it from here:
SmartFTP Lib sample (VC++ 6.0 MFC) ~42Kb

Also if you wish, you can insert it to SmartFTP Lib installation package :unsure:

Regards,
Nikolai Egipko

#7 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11528 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 06:51 PM

Thank you ;-)

Regards,
-Mat

#8 Sina

Sina
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:16 PM

Hi All,

Thanks Nikeware for your effort.

Has anybody got the following problem while compiling this program in Visual C++ 6.0 (developer Studio 6.0):

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Cryptuiapi.h': No such file or directory
Error executing cl.exe.

I am using Windows 2000 and Visual C++ 6.0, and it seems that Cryptuiapi.h is not part of Windows 2000. I have commented the functions related to this file, and able to compile alright. But still not able to work out how to work with this program.

I am desperately looking for a FTP client program library which I could use in my Visual C++ 6.0 (windows 2000) program. Is this program compatiable with VC++ 6.0 and IE 6.0.

Thanks in advance.
-Si

#9 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11528 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 02:35 AM

Hello ..

It seems you don't have the Platform SDK installed. I also wouldn't recommend to develop any kind of software on Windows 2000 with VC 6.x.

Regards,
SmartFTP

#10 Sina

Sina
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:39 AM

Thanks Mb for your reply.

Platform SDK is installed, and we have latest service pack for Visual Studio 6.0, so that is not the problem.

We developed our own ftp libraries to do the FTP client job and this program is quite old and been very robust so far. But lately ftp job is creating some problems in Windows 2000, XP, 2003 machines at few clients. FTP is one part of the program, and is very crucial but it is freezing the application now. So this FTP issue has become very critical now for us. We tried to solve this problem and it had been better now, but still the problem is there. That is why we decided to go for a third party FTP client. All we need is robust ftp download capability.

Solution has to come within VS 6.0 and Windows 2000 and there is not going to be any transition for this program. Do you think that SmartFTP clinet could be implementable within this restriction.

Kind Regards
-Sina

#11 mb

mb

Developer

• Administrators
  • 11528 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 04:11 PM

Hello ..

SmartFTP FTP Library works fine under this environment. If the compiler cannot find the "Cryptuiapi.h" it's because you either don't have the Platform SDK installed or the include path is not configured correctly. The Platform SDK has to be installed separately and doesn't come with the SP for Visual Studio 6.0.

Regards,
SmartFTP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users