The SmartFTP Client Software Development Kit (SDK) offers you the ability to extend SmartFTP and it allows you to automate SmartFTP. The objects are accessible through COM interfaces which can be used in any modern language.
Provided SamplesThe samples shown here are part of the SDK setup that can be downloaded below.
Add Items to Transfer QueueCreates new items and adds them to the transfer queue in a running instance of SmartFTP.
Transfer Queue PluginSample plugin in C++
Create new FavoriteCreates a new favorite item and saves it to an XML file.
Imports Favorites from CSV fileParses a CSV file, creates the favorites and saves them as xml files.
Manage BrowsersGets the current location of all open browsers. Opens new browsers or closes existing ones.
Transfer StatisticsPolls SmartFTP for the current upload and download rate and writes the data to a csv file.
Location: Samples\TransferQueue\Performance Counter
Transfer Statistics using RRDtoolUses RRDtool to generate transfer statistics.
IdeasFollowing some ideas of applications and plugins that can be created using the SDK.
- Import Favorites/Sites from other applications/database to SmartFTP.
- Export favorites to a database
- Fill transfer queue with items from a database, text file or RSS feed.
- Create application which uses transfer queue to automate transfers.
- Create Windows service to backup/synchronize files using the transfer queue.
- Run commands, update a file, write a log or notify users after a transfer queue item has been processed.