SmartFTP will not start anymore. A Runtime Error dialog box is displayed on start.
There are several causes for Runtime Errors. The most common cause is when the software has been downgraded to an earlier version. Another important cause can be bugs in the application itself. You can report application bugs in the Tracker.
Step by step try the solutions below. After each step try to start SmartFTP. If it fails proceed with the next step.
- Download and install the latest version of the software.
- Uninstall the installed version first and then go to step 1.
- Use the "Backup Tool" to "Reset" the application settings.
- Start regedit.exe. Delete the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SmartFTP\Client 2.0 registry key
- Use the "Backup Tool" to "Reset" the application settings and application data files. Remember that doing this will delete all files in the "%APPDATA%\SmartFTP\Client 2.0\ folder".
Note: The Backup Tool can be found in the start menu: Start -> All Programs -> SmartFTP Client -> Tools -> Backup Tool.
runtime error, start
What do you think about this topic? Send feedback!