Home > How To > How To set the Timeout value
Created 29 Apr 2002
Modified 25 Mar 2007
How To set the Timeout value
- Select Favorites > Edit Favorites from the SmartFTP menu. The SmartFTP Favorites window appears.
- From the SmartFTP Favorites window select the Favorite for which you want to set the Connection Timeout. Right click on the Favorite and select Properties. The Properties dialog appears.
- Select Connection. From the Connection tab under the Options list select Use Favorite Settings
- You can set number of Maximum Retries, Retry Delay time and the Connection Timeout by typing out the value you want it to be set to, or you can use the up and down arrows. The default value for the Connection Timeout is 30 seconds
- Click on the "OK" button to save the changes.
: SmartFTP saves the Connection settings per Favorite. If you want to set the Connection Settings for a single transfer for example, you can make a copy of the Favorite of interest and change the Connection Properties there, so that the original Favorite Properties remain.