Home > How To > How To selectively transfer files
Created 16 Mar 2007
Modified 18 Mar 2013
How To selectively transfer files
To exclude or include files or folders during transfer by setting Filters. SmartFTP allows you to set filters from the Properties dialog box and apply them to individual Favorites. You can then selectively transfer files or folders according to your particular needs.
Example: How to download/upload only PDF Files (*.pdf) from/to a server.
- Select Favorites > Edit Favorites from the SmartFTP menu. The SmartFTP Favorites window appears.
- From the SmartFTP Favorites window select the Favorite that you want to apply the filter to. Right click on the Favorite and select Properties. The Properties dialog appears.
- Under the Transfer option select Filters. From the Filters tab under the Options list you can enable filtering for the selected Favorite.
- Under the Filter list select Use Favorite Settings.
- If you want to filter at the folder level, select Folder under the Scope option. If the filter matches a folder name, the entire contents of that folder are included or excluded along with the folder.
- You can also filter at the file level by selecting File under the Scope option.
- You can filter by file extensions by using Wildcards, for example, *.pdf.
- Important: If you want to traverse into/include the sub folders you have to the add the following filter: Type=Wildcard, Value=*, Scope=Folder
Note: SmartFTP saves the Filters settings per Favorite. If you want to set Filters for a single transfer for example, you can make a copy of the Favorite of interest and change the Filters Properties there, so that the original Favorite Properties remain.
filter, transfer, include, exclude