Home > How To > How To bandwidth throttle transfers
Created 13 Jun 2002
Modified 27 Jun 2007
How To bandwidth throttle transfers
Global Speed Settings
From a Favorite
- Select Tools > Settings from the SmartFTP menu. The Settings window appears.
- From the SmartFTP Settings window select Transfer. From the Transfer tab the Global Speed Limit Settings can be changed. Use the up/down arrows to set the speed, or input the numbers manually.
- Once you are done click on OK to save your changes
- Select Favorites > Edit Favorites from the SmartFTP menu. The Favorites window appears.
- From the SmartFTP Favorites window select the Favorite of interest. Right click on the Favorite and select Properties. The Properties dialog appears.
- From the Properties dialog select Transfer > Speed Limits.
- On the Speed Limits tab click on the drop down list and select Use Favorite’s Settings. Use the up/down arrows to set the speed, or input the numbers manually.
- Once you are done click on OK to save your changes.
The Speed Limits settings are not changed until you close the server window connection opened. Once the connection window to the server is re-opened, the Speed Limits will change.
speed, limit, throttle, bandwidth