Multi User Configuration on Win2K/XP/2003
- Install SmartFTP onto the target machine.
- Create a new registry key on the target machine. The "Application Data Folder" can be set in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SmartFTP\Client 2.0\Settings\General > "Application Data Folder".
- You can use an environment-variable like "%UserName%" and "%APPDATA%" so that the value is something like "%APPDATA%\SmartFTP\Client 2.0".
- This is expanded to "C:\Documents and Settings\mb\Application Data\SmartFTP\Client 2.0" on my computer.
- If you create the registry key/value on your own, make sure the type is set to "REG_EXPAND_SZ".
What do you think about this topic? Send feedback!