Internationalized Domain Names (IDN)
SmartFTP uses IDNA (Internationalizing Domain Names in Applications) to support domains with unicode characters. IDNA is a mechanism to represent non-ASCII domains with only ASCII characters. This "feature" is transparently implemented in SmartFTP and domain names with unicode characters are automatically converted to the IDN format.
- IDN Convertor Test
- RFC: Sring Preparation (stringprep)
- RFC: IDNs in Applications (IDNA)
- RFC: Name Preparation (nameprep)
- RFC: Encoding Scheme (punycode)
- VeriSign IDN Software Development Kit
- GNU IDN Library
idna, idn, internationalized domain name
What do you think about this topic? Send feedback!