How To change the password
There are two important cases:
A) Your password has already been changed on the server side and you want to update it in SmartFTP
- Click on Favorites - Edit Favorites from the menu
- Locate your favorite. E.g. look in the Quick Connect folder
- Select the favorite and right-click on it.
- Select Properties from the context menu
- Go to the General dialog and change the password
- Click OK
- Connect to your favorite
B) You can login to the FTP server but you want to change the password you use to login
Most FTP servers do not allow you to directly change the password through the FTP client. They typically offer a control panel where you can manually set a new password for your account. If this is not the case please contact your web hosting provider for assistance. Once the password has been changed on the server side please proceed with A above.
What do you think about this topic? Send feedback!