Repeating Global Queue Downloads

Smart FTP 1.0.980; Windows XP Home, SP1; IntelĀ® PentiumĀ® 4 CPU 2.53GHz; 512 B RAM; "oodles" of free space on hard disk.

Problem: Put file(s) into Global Queue; it/they will download properly.

However, quite often, SmartFTP will then repeat the download of at least one file.

A short time ago, the latest release of Mozilla Thunderbird successfully downloaded, whereupon SmartFTP repeated the operation. There was only one entry in the queue.

I know that the first download has been successful at other times, for I have been sitting at the computer as the SmartFTP first download conlcuded, and have been able to stop the second attempt. At that point, I have run the first download, installing the files from within it for example, with no problem.

I've done a forum search, and have not found any relevant threads, other than the one I posted several days ago in the general public forum, a thread which has received no replies, hence this posting to see if I can get an answer and/or a fix to the problem.

Thanks.

Hello ...

My guess is that the control connection got reset during the data transfer and thus no correct reply message from the server is received after the transfer has been completed.

It's a common problem, especially with connections through proxies.

Regards,

Thanks for the explanation: Although I don't use a proxy, at least now I understand what causes the problem.

Time to invent an add-on for SmartFTP: A device that mechanically disconnects the phone line from the wall jack upon completion of downloading, waits a few seconds, reconnects the line, all without causing other Internet progams in use to also disconnect....