winXP scheduling and global queue

i plan to have windows task scheduler run smartftp once a week to upload some files. but before i even get that far...

i walked thru the steps to create a global queue. and then in settings, under queue, i checked "start queue on start up." the next time i ran smartftp, it uploaded the files. great!

but the second time i start up smartftp to test it again, there's nothing in the queue. and the global queue that i saved doesnt put anything in the queue either. the queue is running ("start" is greted out, and i can click puase or stop) but it's idle cos there's nothing in it.

how do i get items to "stick"? im sure im just missing something stupid.

thanks!

corey

Hello ..

You can copy the .que file before you start the queue and copy it back once everything has been transfered. This is the only solution for now. I agree it's not very elegant but it works :-)

so to have it run scheduled, i would have to remeber to replace the .que file each week before the queue ran?

corey

okay, nevermind. i made the .que file "read-only" and now it works! woohoo!

the next thing is that in settings, under "on queue complete", i checked "close application." i also selected this from the drop down on the global queue tab. however on restart it resets to idle. how can i make THIS stick?

thanks for the quick response!

corey

Hello ..

This is by design. Imagine an empty queue where the users forgets to stop it on exit. Now the user starts SmartFTP and it would close instantly as the "On Queue Complete" function which is set to "Close Application" is being executed.

We could only allow the "On Queue Complete" function to work when at least one queue item has been processed.

smartftp now opens and process my upload (loading the read-only queue each time). once it's done, i would like the app to close. but it won't.

thanks, mat. you rule.

corey

Hm. Thats weird.

Does it work when you use a normal (non read-only) .que file?

Do you have the "Do you want to close SmartFTP?" prompt disabled?
Settings->Display->Prompts

-Mat

> Does it work when you use a normal (non read-only) .que file?

nope. i even tried it with a queue that i didnt save, just a one time thing.

> Do you have the "Do you want to close SmartFTP?" prompt disabled?

i thought about that, so checked the settings. but the global queue doesnt finish regardless. it empties and reads idle, but the play button is still greyed out.

corey