.htaccess

I tried dragging/dropping ".htaccess.txt" to my server using Smart FTP, the files disappears after a second.

Smart FTP v1.0.979

enable displaying of hidden files (dirlisting option -a iirc)

darix

RacerXRed wrote:I tried dragging/dropping ".htaccess.txt" to my server using Smart FTP, the files disappears after a second.

Smart FTP v1.0.979

Use Commands -> Connection -> List Options -> Show Hidden Files [-a]

Greetings from Germany

Ronald

I tried dragging/dropping ".htaccess.txt" to my server using Smart FTP, the files disappears after a second.  

Smart FTP v1.0.979

Use Commands -> Connection -> List Options -> Show Hidden Files [-a]

Greetings from Germany

Ronald

Igot the same problem and I did as your suggestion but .htaccess still disappears. have any idea ?

I had the same problem. The latest builds of SmartFTP have this "bug". If you disable MLSD in tools>settings>transfer then restart the program, it seems to work.

The bug is with the FTP server.

Oh is it? I just read about it in another thread. That was my only source of info. So is there something I should relay to my web host?

According to the RFC MLSD should show all files. And the MLSD does not require an additional argument like -a etc.

PureFTPd is the FTP server with the incompatible MLSD implementation. It's probably the FTP server your hoster is using.

Disabling MLSD solves the problem in this case.

I've already contacted the PureFTPd author but he doesn't seem to care at all. And your hoster won't likely do anything too.