Help needed for a budding novice

First of all - Hello Forum

I am hoping there are some who can help me out. Is best if i explain my dilemma.

A group of three created a webpage. One of the group created all on their comp using Frontpage. This person has now left our group and was the only person to have our site on hard disk. I have been trying to download our public_html folder from host server using smartftp, but when i open the files in my editor (netobjects fusion) i cannot edit them, all i am faced with is white boxes with red crosses. Where am i going wrong?? All i want to be able to do is download our whole site to my hard drive and be able to continue working on it. Please Please Please helppppppppp....lol, i am hoping is some simple solution to this problem

Thanks!

As decent an HTML editor FrontPage is, once you start it in FrontPage, you keep it in FrontPage (unless, of course, you want to use a plain text editor and hand-edit your HTML).

When you say "White boxes and red crosses" are you saying the images aren't loading? Make sure you have downloaded all the images that are used in the website, and they are in the correct location so that the HTML documents can refrence them relatively.

If that doesn't solve your problem, you could try deleting all the folders named _vti_cnf, _borders, _vti_pvt, and directories that with names that look out of the ordinary (keep them in the recycle bin, just in case).